Monday, August 29, 2016

Living out of a Suitcase

Photos taken by Jade Amy Larey.
As some of you may know, I moved apartments temporarily last week right after my trip to Hong Kong, and will be travelling around Asia and Europe before I finally head home to Canada. In other words, I've been living out of a suitcase for the last two weeks, and will continue to do so for the next three. If there's one think I hate about travelling, it's all the packing and unpacking. I packed up the majority of my things and sent them back to Canada with my parents, and left what I would need for my future travels (and probably more). I also forgot about the stuff I needed dry cleaned, so there's even more coming with me to Vietnam than I originally planned for! I'm so last minute, and sometimes it comes to bite me in the butt (I don't even know what I'll be doing in Hanoi yet besides visiting Halong Bay). 

The weather also took a turn here in Korea, and fall suddenly set in. It's sweater weather in the mornings now... and I have... nothing. A lot of beach clothes for Vietnam, but that's about it. Let's just say living out of a suitcase is hard!

Since I refuse to unpack my larger suitcase, these shorts from Romwe have been my go-to for the last couple of weeks. I'm only bringing two pairs of shorts to Vietnam with me – these and a military green pair. Distressed denim works with everything (especially all my off the shoulder tops), so I figured why bring two pairs of denim shorts when one would work. Save space! Not only that, but this pair is the comfiest I own, and are super flattering with the high waist (my legs looks miles longer, but are still stumpy compared to Kendall Jenner T_T).

You may have also noticed I dyed my hair! To be honest, I wasn't going to because even in Korea, it's expensive (but still way cheaper than Calgary), and I was really worried about the results. My small town's salons aren't exactly known for  a good ombre. One of my coteachers recently dyed her hair though, and I thought it looks really good, so I asked her where she went and what the prices were like. I ended up going to LeeChard Pro Hair, and for a whopping 177,000 won, had my hair bleached, dyed, treated and cut. But isn't this rose gold ombre amazing?! LeeChard uses temporary dye, so it won't last long (ie, it was safe if I hated it), and I can redo the pink balayage at home. I loved the rose gold hair trend when I first saw it on the internet, but was too afraid to bleach my hair in order to get it. I might be addicted to it now though.

Shorts: c/o Romwe
Kaftan: Zara (similar here and here)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics