Monday, September 28, 2015

Belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb Review


Introducing my new favourite cream for sensitive skin – Belif's True Cream Moisturizing Bomb. Belif says this cream coats your skin in comfort, and they weren't lying. Belif uses simple ingredients and says it's uses a 150 year old processing method to create it's skincare goodies. How true this is, I don't know, however it comes with rave reviews from Korean bloggers and has been featured in magazines and beauty shows. My Korean friend says it's a good line if you have sensitive skin – kind of like Korea's version of Avene or La Roche Posay.
This is a great occlusive cream, that while being heavy and efficiently sealing hydration in, feels fairly lightweight on the skin. Despite it's heavier texture, it dries matte on me, and doesn't feel greasy at all. It's comparable to the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Deep Cream, but doesn't feel quite as lightweight once applied. At first they feel the same, however, I feel that the Belif is better for dehydrated skin, whereas the Innisfree is best for true dry skin types, as it leaves a slight oily feeling after.

The Belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb actually lessens my overnight oil production... the more I apply. When I first tried it out, I thought it would last forever, since it was heavy and I could get away with using a tiny baby pea-sized amount and feel properly moisturized. However I was a super shiny oil slick by the time I woke up. Okay, with this, a little goes a long way, right? Nope. One night I accidentally scooped too much out and decided to just go with it, as if I were applying a sleeping mask. And hey, normal, even slightly dry skin in the morning. A couple more nights of experimenting and now I'm using about two normal pea-sized amounts every night, in addition to my hydrating masks and essences. 

Notable ingredients include glycerin, which is a humectant, and macadamia oil, which serves as a moisturizer and occlusive. It also has a ton of fermented ingredients to help brighten the skin and allow the ingredients to be absorbed better, as well as comfrey leaf to help detoxify the skin.

The cream has a slight gel texture to it – it's not super thick and creamy, but not a gel either. There's a light citrus scent that's pleasant and not overwhelming at all. It spreads and absorbs easily, leaving behind a velvety finish with no shine. This is perfect for girls who love matte skin rather than the dewy look. 


I have noticed that as the weather get's dryer and dryer, I'm needing to use more of this cream. This may be because I'm not using a sheet mask everyday, or maybe it simply can't handle the change from summer to fall. Still, I find the Belif cream to be comforting to my dry skin, and does an adequate job at sealing everything in and keeping me relatively moisturized throughout the day.

I bought this for around $33 from 11 Street, but you can pick it up at Sephora for a reasonable price as well (because shipping from Korea will tack the extra on anyways)!

Pros:
Great for sensitive skin
Absorbs easily
Heals

Cons:
Unless you live by a Sephora that sells this, you'll have to order online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics