Thursday, June 5, 2014

Review: Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX


Everyone knows the ultra famous Laneige Water Sleeping Pack, and yet not everyone has tried it. Which is a shame, because this stuff is like heaven.

First, a little bit of background. Laneige is a Korean beauty brand that has recently gained a market in the States through Target. It was also my first taste of Korean skincare, back in 2009, where I had to order it from sasa.com. I've tried a variety of skincare brands since then, but I always know Laneige will have my back as a a fail safe product. My favourite - this sleeping pack. 

A sleeping pack is a leave on mask intended to provide deep hydration while you sleep. There are also masks which provide a whole host of other goodies, including whitening/brightening, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, and so on. 

The Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX is the new and improved version of the original sleeping pack. It contains beta glucan and ceramides to provide moisture and prevent moisture loss, as well as antioxidants to purify and refine the skin.

To apply, take the spatula and scoop out a large amount of the product (I use about a grape size for my entire face and neck) and smooth it on in a thick layer. You don't need to rub it in too much - it should absorb throughout the night. If you rub it in until it's completely absorbed, it won't prevent moisture loss as well as it would otherwise.Since I live in Calgary and my skin tends to lose moisture ridiculously easily, I like to add a few drops of my favourite facial oil to the mask and mix it together in the palm of my hand. The added oil will increase the mask's properties of preventing moisture loss while sealing the rest of my lotions and serums in. 

Another way to use this mask is as a light day cream.If you have oily skin, or live in a humid climate, the gel-like texture is perfect to add moisture without the heavy or greasy feeling of a traditional cream. I only use a bit more than a pea-sized amount when I'm using it this way

Pros: 
Cheap (ish)
Works to hydrate and prevent moisture loss
Great for both oily and dry skin

Cons:
May need to order online if you live outside of Asia or the United States

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics