Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sheer Delight

Lace up booties, sheer top, plaid, lace skirt, urban outfitters, spring fashion

Long time no see! I'm back again now that we've had some warm weather this weekend and nothing that requires me to look like an eskimo. It's been as low as -41ÂșC for the past two weeks here, so picture taking just wasn't really an option (for me at least).
Lace up booties, sheer top, plaid, lace skirt, urban outfitters, spring fashion
I love lace skirts for a romantic spring outfit. How gorgeous is it gonna be when we finally get some blossoms on these trees! Mind you, knowing our seasons here, that probably won't happen until the end of April. Ah well, a girl can hope!

Lace up booties, sheer top, plaid, lace skirt, urban outfitters, spring fashion

Lace up booties, sheer top, plaid, lace skirt, urban outfitters, spring fashion
I love the mix of textures and patters in this outfit. Lace and plaid, chiffon and leather... the more patterns and/or textures I mix into an outfit, the less I feel the need to accessorize.

Lace up booties, sheer top, plaid, lace skirt, urban outfitters, spring fashion

I wore a really sheer top to compliment the lace. I love sheer tops, as I've mentioned numerous times before. They're fun and flirty, yet casual enough for a slightly bold, everyday look. Oxymoron, yes, but you must admit, sheer is in, no special occasion needed. Besides, it's been fashion week after fashion week, may as well go bold for the month!

Top: American Eagle (old) (similar here and here)
Bottom: H&M (old) (similar here and here)
Shoes: Aldo (old) (similar here and here, also loving this peep toe version for warmer weather)

10 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I too have been into sheer black pieces. I can't wait until my weather is warm enough to wear them outside.
    http://theleatherfannypack.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raissa! I'm a big fan of sheer... despite the weather....

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous look! I love sheer fabric, it just looks so romantic and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your skirt is so beautiful! i love wearing lace in the spring too.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...I can't imagine wanting to go anywhere in -41C, much less try to act like I don't mind the weather during a photo! Glad you made it back to human-approved temperatures so you could take some photos of your outfit again. Love the pretty lace details on your skirt! Thanks so much for linking up again!
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! I just pinned this because I have that exact top, and always love new ways of styling old pieces! I am glad to see you back at Manic Monday! Always love your inspiration!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, it's such a versatile top, you can wear it so many ways!

      Delete
  6. You look so lovely, I really really love that skirt!

    www.shygirlloudvoice.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics