Thursday, October 3, 2013

Rick Owens Spring/Summer 2014

Rick Owens Spring/Summer 2014
Photo Courtesy of style.com
I recently stumbled upon a few photos of the Rick Owens Spring/Summer 2014 show via the Sartorialist as I don't normally follow Owens during Paris Fashion Week. The photos I looked at didn't look like a regular fashion show, but illustrated a lot of movement, contemporary models, and some fierce (and I don't mean Tyra Bank fierce) expressions. 
Turns out, the amount of movement and the savage facial expressions was due to some intense choreography.

I absolutely adored the show! It was a breath of fresh air compared to the regular catwalk shows. While fashion shows have become increasingly creative, even including dancers, I've never seen one where the show is entirely the dance. Even when the models walked the line, they were always moving and dancing, stopping only for a few brief seconds to pose. 

Kudos to Rick Owens for bringing something new to the table (also I'm in love with the leather jacket (or is it a vest) in the top picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics