Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Vancouver and Seattle Photo Diary


I've been on a road trip for the past week. I left for Vancouver to visit some friends, and eat a ton of food. My family pretty much only goes to Vancouver to eat amazing sushi and xiu long bao (soup dumplings). I really recommend Shanghai River in Richmond for xiu long bao. If you want to see all the photos from Vancouver (most are of food, so I won't post them here, check out my instagram @ahrieru

You can check out the Seattle portion below, and what I wore for a day full of travel and shopping.

My family then headed down for a day trip to Seattle. Well, technically two days, but I spent so much time at the outlet mall that we only got to eat in Seattle, everything else was closed. Seattle is worse than Calgary! Everything closes so early. I miss Vancouver already. And I regret not buying another pair of Joe's Jeans from the outlet. Ah well, next year. 

Originally, I had planned on buying the Phillip Lim pashli bag while in Seattle. Unfortunately, they didn't have the cobalt blue one in the size I wanted. I also went on a hunt for a lace jacket I saw on the Target website. Unfortunately not one Target had it in my size. Seattle, stop selling out of everything I want to buy!

Since what I planned on purchasing didn't work out, cue some retail therapy at the All Saints flag store. Talk about some amazing decor there! I should have taken pictures, but I was too busy trying on clothes. Their decor was as unique as their designs, tons of vintage sewing machines and custom leather chairs. I bought two dresses, a lace one that I can dress down for school, and an emerald silk one that I have no idea how to wear casually. That one is currently resigned to fancy gatherings, but I can't wait til I get a chance to wear it!

After the unfortunate lack of purse shopping, my family and I headed to Pike Place to explore a bit and eat. Pike Place Chowder is absolutely amazing if you go. Apparently they win every chowder competition and have been forbidden from competing now. I really recommend their sampler, so that you get to try most of their flavours (or just get their smoked salmon bisque, it was delicious!). There's some awesome little boutiques in the Market, as well as in the downtown area in general. I wish I had a few more days to really explore them!


Pike Place Market

The Seattle Great Wheel

Overlooking the ferris wheel. This leopard print scarf was two dollars at Daiso in Vancouver! Definitely one of my favourite purchases (besides my new dresses) this trip.

The flower stalls in Pike Place are beautiful, and super cheap! It's $15 for one of the large bouquets! I'd buy flowers all the time if they were that price in Calgary!

There are coffee beans on the sidewalk! Pike Place is home to the original Starbucks, across the street from these beans.

The infamous gum wall in Pike Place. Interesting, but still really gross.

Wahh, putting my sunglasses up messed up my hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics